Christmas to Remember Parts 1 and 2: An Olicity fan-fiction

     Image result for Olicity ChristmasFelicity paced back and forth at the C gate arrivals, while looking at her phone.  Oliver sat watching  her.  He glanced  at his watch, and the man sitting next to him said, "That little blonde's nervous about something.  Wonder who she's waiting for? My guess is a boyfriend."

"Wrong guess," said  Oliver, "she's waiting for our son."  Oliver got up and went over to her.                    "Felicity, calm down, you're making me nervous."

"The plane's late, but I've looked at the updates, and  it doesn't mention it's late."  Oliver said, let's go see if we can find out anything at the information center." Just as they headed that way, they heard,  "Dad, Dad, Felicity," and they saw William running to them.  They all hugged, and Felicity had  tears in her eyes.  William said, "What's wrong?"

"I'm just glad to see you."  Oliver looked at her, and it hit him all over again, how much his  decision had cost her.  He had  gotten over the shock of seeing her so  terrified that she actually had a gun in  her hand.  That was not his Felicity, but he realized in the last few weeks, the the high cost she paid for  his decision.  He wondered what he  would see in William; what had this all cost him?

"Why was everyone so late  in deboarding?" Felicity anxiously asked.

"I don't know, some guy on the plane had acted weird, and we were all told to stay in our seats, and then the captain let all the children off the plane with their parents, and the steward came over and told me I could go."

"Let's go  get your bags and  go home," said  Oliver.

"Where is home now, dad?"

"It's very safe, William. I've worked on a new safety code, and this one works, plus I've got new curtains that can withstand  bullets and arrows. You will be safe."  Oliver put his arm around Felicity, and  said, "She's keeping us  both safe, son."  Felicity smiled  at Oliver and took his hand.  Oliver knew she needed  to know he stood beside her, even though at times he didn't understand and was  confused.

The apartment was decorated for Christmas, or as Felicity called it the Holiday.  She and Oliver had gotten a big tree, but waited  until William got home to decorate it so they could  do it together.  She had her menorah up even though Chanukah had just ended.  William seemed excited that they had a tree and had not decorated  it yet.  Oliver made hot cocoa with marshmallows on the top and they began to decorate the tree.  Oliver smiled as he saw Felicity relax and  laugh with William.  There was a knock on the door, and  William jumped behind Felicity.  Oliver realized that William too had been affected by all Diaz had done.  Seeing William scared jarred him. He felt more compelled than ever that he had to keep these two people safe.  He went to the door.  He looked at Felicity and she nodded.  Oliver said, "Who is it?"  They could hear Rene and Zoe's voices, so they all relaxed, and Oliver opened the door.  Zoe and William went in the kitchen for more hot cocoa, and set to work on decorating the tree, while Rene wanted to talk to Oliver and Felicity.

"I  thought you  should know," he whispered so the children couldn't hear, "that Diaz is getting released today."

"No, that can't be. He's  in prison.  Oliver you said  he's  in prison."

"Felicity's right, that can't be."

"I heard it from a reliable source.  No one was going to tell you, but I think you two need to know. I made mistakes before in keeping something from you and I'm never going to do that again." Felicity looked panicked.  Rene said that he was willing to help them anyway he could.  Felicity said, "I don't know what I would have done without Rene.  When  I got out of witness protection, he let me stay with him, and he's been there for me." Oliver seemed surprised.  You mean you  didn't stay with John and Lyla?   I thought that's where you would have stayed."

"John wasn't keen on my staying out of witness protection.  He made it clear he wasn't happy with me.  He tried to tell me that you would never come back, and I couldn't get used to that ever. I had to fight to bring you home."

"Thank you Rene for taking care of my wife. I would have thanked you sooner."

"No worries, Hoss, I was glad to do it, but what are we going to do about Diaz."

"I can't believe that it's true.  I'm going to call Digg and see if ARGUS can check into it. It's got to be a rumor."  Oliver got up and  went into his bedroom to make a call.   He wasn't in long, and came out.  He's got his phone off.  We'll have to wait. I'm sure it's got to be wrong.  Where did you hear this, Rene?"

Before Rene could answer, William came over all excited.  "Zoe said  there's  going to be Christmas carnival in the  Glades tonight.  There's all kinds of things going on, even a contest as to which family can roll the biggest snowball."

Felicity tapped Oliver's arm, "Let's go, nobody's balls are as big as  yours.  Wait, that didn't come  out right."She wrinkled  her forehead, closed  her  eyes, tapped. her head, "why can't I get by brain and my  mouth coordinated?" Oliver gave that smile he  always gave when Felicity made those  gaffs.

"Don't you think we should check into what Rene told us?"

Felicity pointed to William and  Zoe, and said, "go finish the  tree, and then we can go."
After the children  rushed to finish  the  tree, she said,  "Oliver, if Diaz were released from prison, John would be the first to tell us."

"She has a point, Hoss, I probably shouldn't have said anything.  Let's go the Christmas carnival and see if  Zoe and I can beat you and William."

"Hey, what about me?  I'm pretty good at making a snowballs and we should make a  snow-woman!"
Oliver hadn't seen Felicity  this relaxed  in a long while, or was she putting on a front for Williams's  sake?    Perhaps she had  a  point John would  surely  have  told them something about Diaz.

Part  2:  "Go, Willliam! Go Oliver! you can do  it," Felicity  cheered.  Zoe and Rene rolled snow pretty fast, and it looked as though they might win, but out of the blue came another family who  actually won.  Oliver and William and  Rene and Zoe tied for  second place.  Everyone cheered, and William and Oliver came over carrying  a big  stuffed snowman.  "For you my dear," they said bowing, and Felicity took it with joy.  Rene and Zoe were right behind them.  Zoe said, "Dad, can I show  Will the gym?  Rene looked at Oliver and he said, "sure, but come back here  in twenty  minutes.  Felicity said, "Zoe's been good for William."  Oliver was about to  say something  when he was interrupted by Dinah.  "I suppose Rene's told you that Diaz  will be  working with  ARGUS?"

Felicity  looked shocked, but Oliver  spoke first, "He said  he might be getting  out of prison, but not that  he would work for ARGUS. Are you  sure?"

"I heard  it from Mayor  Pollard  herself."

"That can't be.  John would never allow that, right Oliver?"  Felicity looked scared again.

"I don't know.  John's not exactly who I thought he was and things I'm learning have frustrated a little.  Don't anyone  say anything to William or Zoe."

When William  and Zoe returned,  they all said their goodbyes and  each went home.  Oliver  promised  to touch  base with Rene the  next day.

As Felicity fixed  their supper,  William and Oliver sat in the living room  talking. "Dad, since  Diaz is in prison, can I come home?  I like the school, but I  want to be home with you and Felicity.  Zoe  told me there is a  new Green Arrow, so people  should leave you alone now."

"I don't know, son. There might be people trying to  come  after me and those I love.  I don't want you to be in fear  like  you were before."

"Felicity  saved  me  the last time, she told me to run, and Dad, I was afraid he  was going to kill her, but Mr.  Diggle tried to stop him."

"I'm sorry  that my decision caused  you and Felicity to  face these things."

"We survived, Oliver and we'll get through these  things together."

Later that night, Oliver lay in bed;  Felicity asleep in his  arms. He brushed  his hand across Felicity's face.  He didn't know he was capable of  so  much  love for one woman.    He couldn't stop thinking  about Diaz possibly working  for ARGUS.  John wouldn't allow that, but then again  he had counted  on John taking care of  Felicity.  He quietly  got up.  He checked on  William, and then he left the apartment to  go speak  with John.  On  the drive there  he found himself angry and  frustrated at himself and at John.  He stood in front  of John's door a  good five minutes before ringing the  bell.  John opened the door and without thinking Oliver threw a punch.  Diggle fell back startled. "What the hell was that for?

"For not taking care  of my family. I trusted you with them, and  now I find out that Felicity had to turn to  Rene.  I want to know about Diaz, is he working with ARGUS?"

Lyla  came to the door, and said, "We can't talk about it Oliver.  You of all people should know how important it is to keep things close to the vest."

John and Lyla  told Oliver to come in and  then told him that Diaz was  the  only  one who could help them, and he would be under their close watch and supervision. "Do you know,"  said Oliver, what this will do to Felicity and William, if they know he's going to out?"

"Don't tell them," said Lyla.

"I can't believe you're saying that.  I am not keeping that from  them.  You damn  well  better not lose sight of  him, because if  he get's anywhere near my family, it will be the last time he's sees anything." With that he turned and  left.

He came  back into the apartment and  made sure the security system worked,  and then  crawled back  into bed.  Felicity rolled over and he curled close to her pulling her  closer to him. He  lay awake thinking about his family.  He had to keep  them  safe, and  he  wanted a  wonderful Christmas  for them. He  had almost come to dread Christmas.  Four years ago he  had proposed to Felicity  and then  she was shot.  Now she and William faced more danger.  Christmas was  about  peace on earth, when  would  he  ever find it for his family?  Oliver had  determined  this would be a Christmas to remember.  Listening to Felicity's  soft breathing lulled him to sleep.

Part 3 Coming December 22nd Stayed Tuned :)












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Could Oliver Contemplate Retirement?

Arrow 5.17 Kapiushon: Breaking Point

Oliver and Felicity's First Christmas (Fan Fiction Part 1)