Irreconcilable Differences Arrow 609 Review

Image result for arrow 609 images          According  to Stephen  Amell this mid-season  finale sets the stage for the next  half of the season.  He  said it would be different from the past because it had no real  cliffhanger.  Those statements proved  correct, but it still had left  this  viewer with  a shock, because I had come  to  like Rene, and had  hoped it would have been Evelyn.

Image result for arrow 609 images     The best part of the show of course  for Olicity fans had to be the wedding reception.  Oliver  nervously waiting for Felicity to show up had a natural  feel to it.  So many things have gone wrong for them in the past five seasons. It has  to be difficult for  him to think that he could indeed really have it all.  I have to be honest, it also made me a little  nervous wondering  if it foreshadows some future event  on Arrow.  We know that Cayden James has trapped  Felicity by having  her fingerprints  on the thing that he stole.  He's just  waiting for the right time to release that information.  However, when Felicity makes her  entrance  with her  parents,  could it  have been any better?  She came  with these words, "Your eyes open for the first time,"  and both Oliver's eyes and  Felicity's  eyes  are fixed on each other.  The love they share is  deep, real, and  lasting.

Image result for arrow 609 images       Stephen Amell once said  that he  only dances with his wife, which  I  thought a  sweet sentiment. He is  such a family man.  I am  happy he agreed to have a wedding dance  with Felicity.  They danced to  At Last, and we all said, "Yes, At Last, this is what  we've waited for!" The song choice was  perfect.  Felicity said,"I never was a girl who dreamed about her wedding,  but I have to say this was about  the perfect evening." I felt for her, and tied together with a  moment earlier when Thea said that their parents would be pleased, and what was Oliver's reply?  It was, "Do you think, "  or something like  that, I think Oliver wasn't sure  his  mother would have approved, do you?  I remembered when she talked to Felicity in  season two, and I got the feeling she didn't think  Felicity good enough for her son.  Both Oliver and Felicity thought they were broken people  and  no one could love them, and then they found each other and together they became stronger.  They had  no example from their own  families  on how to build trust or even to know  what trust  meant, until  they learned from  each other how to trust.  That's what makes this relationship so very special.

Image result for Felicity in a garbage can arrow 609 image      Stephen Amell also said of the first part  of the episode, "It's a nice  moment of reflection on Oliver and Felicity's relationship--now marriage,which is  exciting."  So indeed it was.

Oliver and Felicity  in the  field:   I enjoyed watching Oliver and Felicity in the field  together.  Felicity  gives us the lighter moments that Arrow truly needs, and those lighter moments can only be delivered in the way Emily Bett Rickards  delivers them.  The viewer  had to chuckle when  she says to Curtis, "I'm spending my honeymoon in a  garbage  can, so  don't you puke  all over  me."  We needed that moment  considering all the heaviness that preceded  it.

Oliver and Lance:  Quentin Lance has always been a father figure to Oliver.  He has always longed for Lance's approval and blessing, because of respect he has  for him.  I think  he  would  have liked  Lance to be his father, so  when  Lance  gave Oliver the  heirloom watch that Lance's  father  had given him at  his  wedding, it gave us such meaningful tenderness.  Lance  said that it wasn't right that Oliver had no parents to be with  him on this  special evening, and by saying  that, meant that Oliver could  view Lance as a father in his life.

Image result for arrow 609 images      Oliver and Thea:  Thea understands Oliver better  than anyone except Felicity, and so  she knows how reach him.  I think Thea also likes and respects  Rene, so she truly wants to help both men.  I thought  there talk real and  honest.  She has been missed.

Lance and Donna:  The way Donna acted with Noah, I thought for  a moment they  would get back together, but then Lance came over,  and there were sparks  there.  I hope  that in future episodes  we may get to see more of  Lance and Donna.  I think  they make a cute  couple.

Lance and Thea:  Thea loves Lance  as much as Oliver, and Lance  has become  like  her father, and I  think Lance loves her  in the same way he loved Laurel.

 Image result for Felicity in a garbage can arrow 609 image      Rene:  I admit to being so surprised when Rene confessed that he was the one who turned on Oliver.  Of course we  can understand the reason, and of course Oliver understood the reason when he thought about it, because he would have done the same thing.  Agent Watson used Zoe to  get Rene to testify. It was good and honorable he confessed, because he didn't let the other's down, but that one  confession betrayed everyone really.

The team:  Evelyn's betrayal of the team, hurt Oliver deeply, and it's clear he has not gotten  over it.  Trust is crucial with Oliver, and  he needs to trust his team, and he was willing to give them  another chance, but when  Rene  and Curtis went rogue, even for a good cause to rescue Lance, it betrayed Oliver's already  shaky trust.  Can OTA really do things alone especially now when we  know the lair has been compromised  by the BS?

Black Siren:  I am  so struggling with her.  It was good  she let  Lance go, is this  the beginning of her redemption?  Do you think there is room on the team  for two Black Canaries?

Curtis:  I have to confess I am not a fan  of Curtis.  I cannot see the point in having  a character that is too close to  Felicity's type of character.  What say you?

Other thoughts:  Antaoly, and Vincent  are part of  Cayden  James team to bring Oliver down and destroy Star City?  I am counting on  Rene,  Curtis, and  Dinah to find out the  truth  and  save Oliver.  What about you? Do you think it is possible that as OTA work to stop James, that the other  three will be at work as  well. They are hurt and angry, but I am wondering  if Diggle will  help Dinah and the others.  Can't wait until January18!

My apologies for being late, and for not writing  much, or choosing  many pictures. I truly wanted more,  but am pressed for time.  My students have a recital  on Sunday and I have all their  presents to wrap, my granddaughter's  tenth birthday party is at my house tonight, and Monday I have a birthday party for  my daughter at my house and I have a full day of teaching. Argh!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arrow 5.17 Kapiushon: Breaking Point

Could Oliver Contemplate Retirement?

As Promised My Complaints with Arrow