As Promised My Complaints with Arrow

Well, things have slowed down her for a bit, so here as promised are the few things I don't like about Arrow.

 Image result for arrow tv show images        Keep in mind, that I know nothing about comic books.  I didn't even know there was a Green Arrow comic book.  I came to Arrow because of the Flash.  When  some of my older children were young, they watched the Flash, so when a new Flash came out, I watched it and during a commercial break, they advertised Arrow.  We decided to to tune in the next day to see what it was like.  We stayed because  of the Olicity story line; we had to know if Oliver and Felicity  would get together. We got caught up on Netflix with the previous seasons and we were hooked.

I don't know if you will  will agree with me or not, and that's okay, you don't have to.


  • The Big Bad. Having a big bad as main focus for the whole season is almost too long.  In season one, we knew Malcom Merlin was the "Big Bad", but there were also others that Oliver/Arrow were fighting and that, for me, made it more interesting because we could see the connection.  I think Arrow is doing some of that this  year.  Oliver fights others  who are harming Star City, but we know they are realted somehow to Prometheus, and that's why I am wondering if Malcom may be Prometheus. It would tie in with season one.
  • Crossovers.  I don't like the Crossovers at all.  It was okay when it was the Flash, but with all four, it is too much.  I find myself frustrated. I don't want to miss the story line, but I don't watch Supergirl or Legends of Tomorrow. I could never get interested in those shows. Will I miss something?  I know several people who quit watching Arrow because of the crossovers.  It may be a marketing thing to get people to watch all the CW shows, but I find it annoying. At least they don't do many.
  • Marketing.  The trailers the CW decides to show or not show to promote the show, seems opposite of the way the show is written.  I am not sure if they do this to bring in the comic book fans or not.  I often wonder how things would be different audience wise if the marketing were different.
That's it, and that's not much.  There will always be annoying things on any show, because no one is perfect.  I just thought I would address  a few things and get them out of my  system.















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arrow 5.17 Kapiushon: Breaking Point

Could Oliver Contemplate Retirement?