Happy Endings: It's All A Matter of Perspective

  Image result for felicity image                   I  know many  of  my  readers  have been upset over the flash-forward  revelation that  Felicity will be dead twenty years  from now.  I for one, don't believe we should panic.  Felicity and Oliver could be held captive in the Glades.  Obviously,someone is sending William the messages, so it could be Felicity, and she isn't dead.

It's possible she faked  her own death to protect the ones she loves.

It  could be that this Felicity is a one from another Earth.  I grant you that would be a strange thing to do,  and yet Beth has added some  metas to this season,  which if I recall, she wasn't keen on doing.

But let's say the worst case scenario happens and Felicity is indeed  dead,   does that mean there was no happy  ending?  In the Fairy tale kind of way, no it's not a happy  ending, but in the  real world, it doesn't mean there  was not a happy  ending.  Let me explain.  My father  passed a way 3 months before my parents celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary.  They were so much in love and they had so much adversity thrown at them, but together they were indeed a team.  My mother once told me she drew all her strength from my  dad, and that helped her to carry  on, because when  you truly love someone, they will  always be  a part of you.  She  had to carry on because she had a family care to for.  Yes,  it was sad for all of us when Dad was  no longer a living part of our lives,but he lived on through each one of us in   different ways.  Theirs was a tale too quickly  told, but it was the sweetest of stories. In that sense theirs was a happy ending.

Personally, I don't think the  writers  kill off  Felicity, but if they do, she  will have left behind William and Oliver. She will have  left  a bit of  herself  in everyone she knew.  How is that sad?  It's just a matter of  perspective.  So, I would caution all Olicity fans  not to panic or be upset yet.  Let the story  unfold before us.  We might  find ourselves  surprised by what opens up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arrow 5.17 Kapiushon: Breaking Point

As Promised My Complaints with Arrow

Could Oliver Contemplate Retirement?