Oliver and Felicity Together 708

Image result for Felicity and Oliver images        One of the blog readers asked  me if I thought Oliver and Felicity would get a divorce, and since  many of you have  asked  me what  do I think the  synopsis for episode 8 mean, I thought I would  answer Nonny's question here. What concerns readers  is the  synopsis says Felicity makes certain decisions for her family  and she stands by them.  They also have read what Stephen Amell  said about his relationship with Felicity, "We do work it out pretty quickly that nothings ever going to be perfect or normal  about our relationship and the sooner that they accept that the sooner they can move on with their lives, " and some have wondered  does that mean  they  divorce.  This seems to be what worries  Olicity fans the most. I hope to address that here in this post.

Image result for Felicity and Oliver images
The events of season 6 which  lead  to Oliver being in prison and  Diaz determined to kill the two people Oliver loves most in this world have impacted Arrow in a huge  way.  All that both Oliver and  Felicity have suffered  has come at cost to them on a very  deep and  personal level.  How could it not? People worry that Felicity is "dark" but have they forgotten season 5 episode 19 when Felicity helped  Helix get Cayden  James away from ARGUS?  John Diggle even tells Lyla, "Felicity was the kindest woman I have ever known and she's gone to the dark side."  Oliver, John, and  Lyla were  shocked that Felicity would be willing  to release James just to try and get Chase.  I contend  that Felicity has taken little steps each  season to a darker side to help or save Oliver, and she would and  probably  will do so  again to save her family, that's who  she  is, but do I believe that Felicity is  inherently dark or will be?  No, I don't think that at all. I think Oliver will end  up being her light as she  was  light for him.

Image may contain: 1 person, closeup      Think of all Felicity has been through.  Season 2 she's under the blade of  Slade Wilson until she stabs him with cure for the mirakuru.  That would have an  impact on  a person, it takes courage, but it's also a little part of  fighting. She fought Slade along with Oliver.  In Season 3 she tells Oliver she knows he is different now, and she's afraid he won't kill Ra's.  She was willing for Oliver to kill him.  In season 4 she had to make the choice with bomb.  It was a choice between two evils, and no real choice at all, but she deployed  it over Havenrock.  People died, and  she had  to live with that. In season 5 she made the choice to help Helix against Oliver's wishes. She said it was because of Billy, but I could  never buy that. I honestly believe that it was because of the way Chase  treated Oliver that made her go over the edge to get Chase, or maybe a combination of both.  Then in seasons 6 and 7 she  had to contend  with Diaz trying  to kill her family multiple times.  I  would say  all this qualifies  her as  a candidate for PTSD, wouldn't you?  Oliver will do anything to save the City, the people he loves, and those who need help.  It's just who he is.  Felicity will do anything to save her family.  She will  protect them at any cost.  Will this lead her down the path of darkness?  I  honestly don't think so, because that's not who she is on the inside. I don't think we ever really change the basic makeup of who we are as people.  Felicity is good and  kind, but she's been through so much. Oliver doesn't even know how much she's been through.  Do they have stuff  to deal with?  Yes, lots starting with the fact that Oliver should  have told her what he  planned to do. It wasn't fair to her.  They are partners, and he made that decision without her.

Felicity and William suffer because of a choice that Oliver made without consulting his  wife.  You don't do  this in a marriage.  My husband has made  choices I  have disagreed  with but he's always talked  to me  about it and we hash it out, and in  the end  he said, he understood  where  I can came from but  he had  do go  a different way for the good of  the family.  Nine times out of ten he was right,  but even when he wasn't, I  wasn't upset because he included me in the process.  Oliver didn't give her the chance to even agree, which I think she really might have done.  So they do have a lot to talk  about it.  Oliver  had  a lot happen to him that will forever change him.  Dr. Parker has changed  Oliver and the way he will go about things in  the future. His methods were bad, but he did  some good  in a way.  Oliver has  a more realistic view of his own father and how to parent William now. As Turner said Oliver can see the shades of gray. So Felicity will have a different Oliver as well. This  will in the end help Felicity.  When Diaz  told Oliver that Felicity almost shot him, Oliver's response was a shocked, "She would never!" I thought, "where  were you, Oliver,  in season 5 and how about season  6 when she  wasn't going to leave the building and it nearly blew up  on her because she was  determined to get Diaz?"  Oliver had to take her hand  in his  to encourage her to go.

In prison Oliver clung to that picture like my  babies clung to their blankies.  I think he put Felicity on a pedestal. She has always been his light, "The one who lights my way"  but in prison that got magnified, and that's why I  think  he reacted to Diaz the way he did.

I don't know what Felicity's choice  will  be.  Perhaps  she'll want to keep Oliver close and not bring William home from Cambridge, but whatever it is they will work it out.  People worried when they  read Oliver will make a choice that will affect those he loves.  At the end of the show, some asked me, what choice did  he make?  They didn't realize leaving Diaz alive was the choice.  Sometimes they give out a synopsis that is  far more threatening that what actually happens; they want viewers  to tune in. 

As to Oliver's comment about their lives not ever  being normal, I think he means that everyone knows he's the Green Arrow now, so they have to find ways to deal with their lives.  Oliver will always  make the choice to help someone, and Felicity will always make the choice to do  what's best for her family.  Oliver will have to learn to talk to Felicity and Felicity will have to learn pull back a little herself.  It's like this a little bit,  I love my bedroom to be tidy, and so I  want the bed made as soon as I get up.  My husband wouldn't care if it were ever made.  His view is, why make it when we'll  be back in  it later? We had a lot  of discussions over that, but now when  we get up in the morning, he actually helps  me make the bed.  We  each had to  bend.  It's not that simple, but in a way it is.  They have changed, because events happened  to them that changed them, but they didn't change who they are in the core of their being.  Does Felicity need the light now?  I think so, and it will  be Oliver to be the one to light her way.

Don't give up fandom.  Oliver and Felicity will grow stronger! Feel free to leave your comments .

Comments

  1. le fait que Felicity devient un peu plus sombre ne doit pas nire a leur couple au contraire il faut qu il renforce le lien qui les unis tous deux avec William car elle a perdu l'enfant de l'amour qu'ils ont failli avoir c'est une immence torture pour elle il faut la comprendre!!! si elle est amer mais son amour pour Oliver est tellement fort et profond quelle saura se contenir et redevenir la lumiere du couple le plus glamour de cette serie que j'adore.love a tous se qui aime ARROW

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Arrow 5.17 Kapiushon: Breaking Point

As Promised My Complaints with Arrow

Could Oliver Contemplate Retirement?