Felicity and Laurel Friendship

 Image result for ARROW 7x14 images for Brothers and sisters      I've been getting a lot of people asking me about the promo photos for 714.  Summed up the question is: Does Felicity tell Laurel and not Oliver about the baby?  People seemed concerned that Felicity will hide the truth from Oliver.  Let's dig in and see what we can discover.

First, I don't think Felicity hides the truth from Oliver.  She places a high priority on the truth, so my guess is she does not lie.  Also, Mia knows her father is Oliver.  She tells William I am your sister.She could only say that if she knew Oliver was her Dad. 

It's good to see female friendships on the screen.  We all have close friends we share things with.  That's been something missing from Felicity's life.  Her mom's not around, so she can't talk to her Mom.  Lyla's busy with ARGUS, so she can't talk to Lyla.   While I don't know that I trust E2 Laurel, she did stop Felicity from torturing the Silencer. Felicity would have regretted it if she had done that.  It was Laurel who helped Felicity, when everyone else was too busy or didn't seem to care. 

The next question to ask is why would Felicity tell Laurel first? Felicity found out she was pregnant just as she and Oliver were saying goodbye to William.  Felicity told Oliver that they had to do what was best for William, and so they let William decide.  As a mom of several children, I don't know that I'd let my child make a life changing decision on their own, but certainly they are in dire circumstances that we all don't face.  So, fear could keep her from telling him.  For a brief second she might wonder if she should even have the child.  For those reasons, she might talk over with a friend, what should she do?

Another possibility, and one I like to think would be the case,  is that when the show returns Oliver already knows, and he's worried, yet happy that and Felicity will have a child together.  She may wonder if he's just saying that and so she talks it over with Laurel. 

If any of those scenarios are true, it doesn't change anything.  Oliver's not leaving Felicity for Laurel, and Felicity won't divorce Oliver.  The only way I could see a divorce, is that they would do that to protect both Felicity and the baby, and they do it for outward show, but yet they are together. I don't see any cause to worry for our couple.  Stay Strong!  We don't know all the story yet. 

There is a real possibility that Felicity simply wants legal advice for starting up her company, and then all the fuss happened for nothing.

DON'T GIVE UP THE SHIP :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arrow 5.17 Kapiushon: Breaking Point

As Promised My Complaints with Arrow

Could Oliver Contemplate Retirement?