Thoughts on Crisis on Earth X Part 1

Image result for crisis on earth x images       As I have stated before, I am not a fan of crossovers, because it compels one to watch shows they normally would not watch.  So I have mixed feelings on this.  The action moved quickly and the fight scenes amazing.  At one point when everyone fought and the speedsters ran and lights flashed, I almost felt overwhelmed.  Normally, I don't watch crossovers unless they are part of Flash and Arrow, for those are the two I watch.  However, that was not possible on this, because it felt more like a movie than a series.  The setting for the event is the wedding of Barry and Iris.

  Image result for crisis on earth x images       Olicity:  It seems that Oliver and Felicity almost switched places with season 4.  Oliver wants to get married.  I loved the scene with Barry and Oliver and Barry tells Oliver that they both got the girl. Barry says, "Having someone we love by our side give us something to fight for."  Barry asks Oliver if he loves Felicity and Oliver says, "I love her so much," and his face radiates with love.

Image result for crisis on earth x images        At the rehearsal dinner, Joe makes a beautiful speech about how love is the most important thing we have and the camera pans to Oliver and Felicity standing so close to each other.  Then Oliver pulls Felicity away and he begins a nervous babble that resembles Felicity and proposes to Felicity Smoak a second time.  I love the way Oliver began, "I think we should consider doing this."  Then Felicity gives a no and then a yes, and poor Oliver looks confused, and then Felicity blurts out so all can hear, "No, I don't want to marry you."  I don't know about you, but  I thought seriously, this is how the writers are choosing to do this?  Oliver looked so brokenhearted.  Oliver has proposed to this woman twice now, would he be willing to do it a third time?

At the wedding Oliver and Felicity exchange longing glances at each other.  Then the Nazis from Earth  X appear and the wedding is interrupted.   Oliver finds Felicity and says, "I want to move forward."  Felicity tells Oliver, "I love you. I just don't want to be married to anyone.  We have something so good, something so great going, let's not change that." Seriously?  She was the one who told Oliver that they could do much together as a married couple to support one another, and now she's not wanting to get married and Oliver is.  I personally thought of the song, Send in the Clowns, with the line that says, Isn't it rich, aren't we a pair, me with my feet on the ground and you in mid-air?  I could imagine Oliver thinking that. At least the writers didn't leave it there, because later Iris and Felicity talk and we find out what makes Felicity afraid.  She tells Iris, "We're just as good as we were the last time we got engaged, and then I got shot." So fear makes her back out?  Is it part of her PTSD? Felicity says "I don't want to tempt fate again."   Both Felicity and Oliver have not had good examples of a healthy relationship, so I can see why both of them have been reticent at times.  I am hoping that this time Felicity will propose to Oliver.

 Image result for crisis on earth x images     Barry and Iris:  It was sweet the way Barry made breakfast for Iris.  Also, Barry seemed so relaxed and so ready to marry Iris.  Did you suspect as I do, that the girl that offered Barry water is probably his daughter?  She looked like Iris and acted talked like Barry.   Hoping that there will be a double wedding tonight, don't you?
Image result for crisis on earth x images
Odds and ends:  Felicity's reference to the doll maker episode made a nice touch to the past and her skill.  I wasn't clear why the Nazis wanted to come to this earth, but it was interesting to see Earth X Oliver with Supergirl. Since there had been speculations that Tommy Merlyn might be Prometheus in last season's Arrow, the writers gave us a taste of what if might have been like.  I am glad that Tommy was not Prometheus in our earth.  It was too weird to see and of course I couldn't get past how kind Tommy was, so this just seemed too odd.  The writers made a great choice to give us Adrian Chase.   He fit the part better, I thought. However, Colin Donnell acted the part perfectly, as always he made us believe the characters he plays, I just preferred to remember Tommy the way they originally wrote him.



   Image result for crisis on earth x images        Stephen Amell's acting is always spot on, but Dark Oliver from Earth X seemed so much like the Oliver from season 3 that I couldn't' help thinking that would be Oliver today without Felicity in his life.  Kara from Earth X didn't add any lightness to him at all, but then they are Nazis so that pretty much explains that.  What did you think?



Comments

  1. I began to wonder if Emily's two lies and a truth might be that they will never get married. That's what I thought of when she said no to Oliver. What do you think? Can they really get married now that she's turned him down twice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I guess the writers could have written it that way, and tonight hopefully we will find some answers, but I honestly think Oliver and Felicity will marry. It's important to Oliver for William, and I think once Felicity gets over her fears, with the help of Iris, she'll want to marry Oliver. Oliver loves Felicity, and he would ask her in heartbeat, when he thinks she's ready, but I am wondering if she will propose to him?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Arrow 5.17 Kapiushon: Breaking Point

Could Oliver Contemplate Retirement?

As Promised My Complaints with Arrow