Arrow 5b Speculations and Facts

First, I want to thank my readers for coming back to have a look when I have not posted anything in a while.  I have had company and some health issues, but I hope to be up and running again.  I know I am new and there are other, better folks with blogs, so to each of you that return here, I humbly thank you, and hope that each of you have a wonderful 2017!

  Image result for felicity gif from 509                I like to deal in facts, and perhaps that's why speculating is difficult for me.  I am like Sergeant Friday, "Give me the facts, Ma'am, just the facts."  So, I am going to try and give some speculations based on the facts as  I know them now.

The facts:
  • Felicity is not going to blame Oliver.  First, this would be out of character for her, because she knows Prometheus tricked him, but we also know this because the showrunners told us this.
  • Felicity is going to get outside help, and it won't be her father, again this from the showrunners.
  • Others will know what Felicity is doing, but Oliver will not.
  • Diggle will form a bond with Adrian Chase.
  • Tina Boland will be the new Black Canary.
  • Wild Dog, from the last storyline,  and the hints he made to Diggle, Wild Dog may have a child out there.     
Image result for wild dog and diggle talking arrow

My Speculations from these facts:
  • I think Felicity will feel some measure of responsibility for Billy's death, because she knows she really didn't love him. So, I think she may try to use the Vigilante to get Prometheus.  Perhaps she may even willingly use Talia.  She won't tell Oliver because Oliver is opposed to the Vigilante's willingness to kill.  
  • I think also that since other's will know what Felicity is doing, she may get Diggle's help and possibly Wild Dog's, since he is close to Diggle.  I don't know why folks have a problem with him. I like Wild Dog. I didn't at first,but he's growing on me.  Perhaps Thea finds out and helps in some way?
  • This could lead to us find out out that Adrian Chase is the Vigilante, and so he and Diggle will form a relationship not only because of this, but Adrian may help Diggle out of his trouble with military man who framed him.
  • Arrow needs a Black Canary for many reasons, not the half of which is to calm the folks who know the comics. I do not, so I never understood their angst.  Do I think she will be a love interest for Oliver?  No, I do not, because that ship has already sailed.  I think she will be connected in some way to Wild Dog.  Could she be the mother of his child?  Will she be his love interest?  Perhaps.  Oliver and Felicity will be together again.  What season, I don't know.  
The showrunners have said this season will be about legacy.  What legacy will Oliver, Felicity, and Diggle have?  How far will Felicity be willing to go to get Prometheus?  How far will Diggle go to help her? (If he is the one who will help her.)  I am hopeful that we will see them beginning to get together, much  like the end of season 2.  I think this season parallels seasons 1 and 2 which is fitting, since season 6 will take Arrow into a whole new direction. One that I think where we shall see a Black Canary fighting alongside Original Team Arrow.

I am excited for next week, and Arrow returns once again, are you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arrow 5.17 Kapiushon: Breaking Point

Could Oliver Contemplate Retirement?

Arrow 514 The Sin Eater Review