Arrow Review: Who Are You? Episode 10

What an exciting episode that Arrow gave us last evening. Katie Cassidy plays a better villain as the Black Siren than she ever did as the Black Canary.  She can be a great actress when she has the right role.
Olivery and Felicity React To Laurel's Return - Arrow
My time is limited today so I am going to state the things that popped out at me on this episode.

I loved the way  the  writers turned the table so to speak and we had light Oliver and dark Felicity.  Oliver spoke some memorable lines.  When he told Laurel to face the darkness he said, "Circumstances can be poison or nectar..." There was so much truth in  that for all of us.  Oliver knows both the poison and the nectar, and his desire to help Earth 2 Laurel overcome the darkness was so nice to see.

I loved Felicity's interaction with Laurel.  Felicity sees right through her and right away tests her.  First she offers Laurel water and drink and Laurel almost chose the drink, something "our" Laurel would never have done, and then she takes the glass to run a fingerprint check on it.  Then she confronts Laurel and says that part of Oliver feels guilty for Laurel's death and, "he sees you as a chance for redemption."  Felicity  direct and to the point, but I also thought she understands that guilt, because she feels guilty for Malone's death.

I  like Wild Dog.  I know some of you don't, but he's a character that's growing on me. I see growth of character in him, and wasn't it fun when he comes in and says "Mom and Dad are going a round upstairs"?  I also enjoyed the way he encouraged Curtis, by telling him, "Start with what you can do and not what you can't." Another good line for any of  us to remember.  These memorable lines that not only apply to the characters, but reach out the audience as something they can use, makes for a great story and show.  Arrow's great at this.

Now the best for last: Olicity.  So many wonderful Olicity moments tonight.  I wasn't expecting it and how I welcomed  it.  Did you catch Oliver's look of love look of surprise and love as he watched Felicity and then he told what to do?



Another good Olicity moment occurred as Oliver looked at the tape of Felicity talking to Laurel.  He could have been hurt by Felicity's words, but he says, "You know me better than almost anyone."    He cautions her about the darkness, and then she hurls back, "You used Anarchy last year to find Darhk.  Oliver understands her.
  When the Black Siren tried to  kill both Oliver and Felicity, he took Felciity and shielded her ears from the cries.  He loves her.

Then of course there is the punch Felicity throws at Laurel.  That was priceless.  Oliver's look was priceless, and then they talk a little as Felicity ices her hand.   Felicity tells him she's sorry  for Laurel not being "our Laurel," and Oliver tells her that he's sorry about Billy and says he was a good man, and she says, Like you.  Then Felicity says, "I could really get used to this new found optimism of yours."

Diggle:  Loved the moments with John Diggle and Adrian Chase.  I can't decide  if Adrian Chase can be trusted, but I think John is going to like him.  If Chase turns out not to  be "good" how will that affect John Diggle.  What do  you think of Adrian Chase?

We have Talia coming and the new Black Canary that I think will have some connection to Wild Dog.
We also have Curtis, thanks to Wild Dog, taking a turn to becoming Mr. Terrific.

All in all a great episode.  What did you think?

Comments

  1. Hello,
    This episode was very good, the best so far, had action, dynamics and Olicity moments as we no longer saw and was simply wonderful.
    Oliver's eyes on this episode were only love for Felicity ... Olicity is not over, it's getting on the right track, of course we're still going to have to hurt a lot but we've already been further away from seeing them together.
    The looks between them were as passionate as they used to be, and his voice to Felicity when they were alone in the bunker is as hot as only she has a right to hear it ... it was freaking awansome :)
    KC as Black Siren is so much better than it ever was as Laurel and the punch Felicity gave her was so good ...it make me realy happy :).
    I liked to see Felicity take all the development reams in the discovery of the fake Laurel and the search for Prometheus ... and I really enjoyed seeing how Oliver is "grown up", how can he see, or try to see the best in people...
    Wild Dog was very good and he told a great truth about Curtis, that in fact it should always be his role and not walk in the fights, for which he has no clue, even being ridiculous.
    Wild Dog is cool and unlike many fans, I even think it's a joke he calls Felicity ... it's true, the part where Oliver asks for the room is wonderful and the reaction of Wild Dog is fantastic (dad and mom) Lovely :)
    As for Adrian Chase, I still don`t know what to think about him but both he and Diggle were excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wild Dog is cool and unlike many fans, I even think it's a joke he calls Felicity...what i mean is, i think it`s funny Wild Dog calls Blondie to Felicity, i like it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree with you about how Wild Dog calling Felicity "Blondie" is a joke or a tease. Something you do when you care for them. I don't think it bothers Felicity either, do you?

      I enjoyed reading your comments. You have a lot of insight. 😊

      Delete
    2. I don't think it bothers Felicity at all, and I agree, is something you do when you care for them...Wild Dog is cool 😎
      It was a great episode full of Olivier moments, wonderful ones, I didn't expect that...

      Delete
    3. I mean Olicity moments 😊

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Arrow 5.17 Kapiushon: Breaking Point

Could Oliver Contemplate Retirement?

Arrow 514 The Sin Eater Review