Love Grows Stronger in Trials: Olicity

Image result for Oliver images season 5    I am old fashioned.  I found my Oliver Queen 45 years ago, and everyday since then we've only grown closer.   Today, you don't see that so much.  Maybe I have my head stuck in another century, but I believe that love can survive just about anything life throws at it. I learned that from my parents who had so many trials in their lives, yet their love only grew stronger.  I am strong on hope and have lots of hope the writers will write Oliver and Felicity in such a way.  

Much has been thrown at Oliver and Felicity.  We had Oliver being in the dark and not thinking he's worthy of having love, because he will just destroy it somehow. We had baby mama, and keeping truth from Felicity.  We had Felicity rebound to Billy and Billy being killed by Oliver, and we can't forget the shooting or Havenrock.  The question becomes can they survive and will they?  I think they can and they will.

Image result for Oliver images season 5  Since season 1 Oliver pretty much had Diggle and Felicity to guide him into a lighter place.  For four years they have encouraged him to try a different way, to be a hero in the light.  Now Diggle sits in prison, and Felicity sits in her "dark" place.  Neither one is either physically or emotionally able to help Oliver or to guide him.  Oliver must now be the hero in the light on his own.  He must guide the young team, and he must find a way to help Diggle and Felicity.   He must bring Felicity out of her darkness back into the light, and in so doing, bring them closer together.  I am hoping we are seeing the rebuilding of their relationship into something so strong that it can never be torn apart again.

I read that Marc Guggenheim has said he made a mistake in season four with Olicity.  Some have interpreted that as if to say they are over.  Some think the show was ruined because of  it, and  man, do I disagree with that.  It was because of Olicity that I started watching Arrow, and had to spend the Christmas hiatus catching up on seasons one and two. I got my college kids to watch and keep watching because of Olicity. I don't think that's what Marc said.  He said he moved too quickly to bring them together that completely in 4A and break them apart in 4B.  The rebuild now will be slow but steady and worth it.

Oliver needs to be tested on his own, for then he can see how far he's come and how much he's grown.  Felicity's testing could show her that in times of stress, we often make hard, difficult choices and sometimes there simply isn't a choice.  She will think of the choices Oliver made and understand why he made them.  Oliver will be her light as she has been his.  This seems like a full circle arc for all the characters, but most especially for Oliver.  Season five will see like the end of something and also the beginning of something.  The Green Arrow will fully emerge, a hero in the light leading the way.                                 
Image result for Olicity  images season 5
We need this again, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arrow 5.17 Kapiushon: Breaking Point

Could Oliver Contemplate Retirement?

As Promised My Complaints with Arrow