Challenges for Oliver and Felicity in Dangerous Liaisons

                     
In Dangerous Liaisons, Oliver, as we can see from the spoiler photo, still can't put on this Arrow suit.  He wears what he wore when he first came back from Ivy Town.  Remember he said he was happy, and he didn't want to suit up again, but out of his love for Felicity he came back.  He realized, with Felicity's help, that he could still do some good, so he put on his new suit that I am thinking Cisco designed for him.  So, here he is at the end of Season 5, still questioning his identity.  He can't bring himself to put on the Arrow suit, because there is still a part of him that believes when he does, he gets pulled in to the darkness.  Notice too, no arrows but a gun.

When he suits up with his Arrows this time, it will be  because he will do it for himself.  He will believe in what he's doing, and I also think it will be because he will need to rescue Felicity.  This time, Oliver has to be his own light, and when he does, he will be the hero Felicity knows him to be.  I have heard the speculation that Oliver will be the one kidnapped, but I don't think so, for me, I think Oliver needs to believe in himself, and that he has  to find the way to the light on his own,  Finding Felicity will lead him to that point, or at least, for me, seems a better story line, but I am not the writer, so who knows, right?

I also wonder when he and Felicity have their, "adult", conversation, that he will bring up Ivy Town?  He seemed to like his life there, and I wonder if there might have been a bit of resentment for leaving.  Over time, little things can build up to big ones.  I know of a couple who had a fight over how to squeeze the toothpaste.

  Image result for felicity season 5 arrow images       I think Dangerous Liaisons looks to be a pivotal point in the story.  Felicity is steeped in darkness, and challenges Oliver to get her out.  Felicity is filled with anger and almost rage at Prometheus, aka Chase, and Oliver may think it is totally because of what Prometheus did to Billy Malone, but we all know that even though Malone may be part of the reason, the crux of the reason is Oliver.  When did Felicity join Helix?  It was after Oliver returned from six days in Chase's Hell.  She saw how  changed Oliver was, and you could see in her face that she had turned angry at Chase.  You could see and almost feel her determination to bring Chase down.  She's no longer in the light, and this concerns Oliver, for I think he depended on her light.

April 26, hurry up.....:😃



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arrow 5.17 Kapiushon: Breaking Point

Could Oliver Contemplate Retirement?

As Promised My Complaints with Arrow