Oliver's Slow Cooker Egg Casserole

      My family knows that I love Arrow.  They also know that I love to have fun, and so this Easter  we would have our special egg breakfast, but with a new name:  Oliver's Slow Cooker Egg Casserole.
Remember when Oliver made eggs in a crock-pot?  Felicity failed the omelet, but Oliver cooked slow cooker egg, and he impressed the neighbors?  I so enjoyed that story so much, so I renamed mine egg casserole in honor of Oliver.

If you try it, I hope you enjoy it.

Oliver's Crock-Pot Casserole Ingredients
1 dozen eggs
1 package of frozen hash browns, I use  about a 29 ounce package
2 Cups shredded Irish Dubliner Cheese ( a yummy blend of cheddar and swiss)
1 Tablespoon dry mustard
Salt if you wish, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup cream (You can use milk)
Oliver would never use sausage, because of his love for Felicity, however, you can use either a pound of maple flavored sausage, or a pound of chicken/apple sausage
No stick spray ( I like olive oil)

Directions:  Thaw the frozen hash browns. Spray your crock-pot with the cooking spray, then put the hash browns in the bottom of the crock.  If you are going to use sausage, cook it, drain it, and then place on top of the potatoes. Place the cheese on the top.  Beat eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper until well blended, and pour this mixture over the cheese. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Serve with a sprig of parsley.

While breakfast cooks, dream of sweet Olicity moments...






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Arrow 5.17 Kapiushon: Breaking Point

Could Oliver Contemplate Retirement?

As Promised My Complaints with Arrow