Felicity, You'll Always Be my Girl


Watch these two clips of Oliver and Felicity from the Clock King episode of Season 2 Arrow.  In the first, Oliver asks Felicity, "What are you wearing."  This is significant because in season one Felicity did a work-out with Diggle and wear similar clothes, Oliver came into the room and never said a word to her.  He didn't notice. This time he notices.  I think he knew in episode six of season 2 that Felicity was someone he could really love, but in this episode, 14, I think, he notices her. He realizes by now that he does indeed love her, but I don't think he is sure of how Felicity could feel about him.  
At the end of the episode, Felicity has gotten shot and Sara stitches her.  Oliver and Diggle have their backs turned, and then Oliver addresses Felicity by saying that Diggle had told him that she had felt a little left out.  Then watch Oliver as Felicity says, "I was used to being your girl."  Oliver has such a hopeful look, almost as if he's holding her breath over what she might be telling him.  I think Oliver hoped Felicity would say that she loved him.  Let me know what you think.   As we wait to see what happens in Missing, I think it is fun to see the depth of love these two have for each other. It has slowly happened.  It wasn't the fans who made this happen, it is the fine acting of these two people that made it happen.  It's going to be know in the history of television as one of the greatest love stories of all time.  

Comments

  1. You're right, he does seem to catch his breath. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Arrow 5.17 Kapiushon: Breaking Point

Could Oliver Contemplate Retirement?

As Promised My Complaints with Arrow