Arrow 516 Checkmate Review

 Image result for josh segarra checkmate images   Adrian Chase. Josh Segarra played a the role of  pschopath determined to destroy Oliver.  He acted his part so well that  I got the goosebumps just looking at him and listening to his voice sent chills up my spine.  He made the Norman Bates seem normal.  When he knifed his own wife without any kind of remorse, it showed what a psychopath he has become.We know that Talia al Ghul trained Adrian Chase aka Simon Morrison, and she controls Chase.  Talia wants revenge for her father, and she knows what Oliver as the Green Arrow did to Chase's father, so I think she's using Chase to accomplish her own purposes.

Image result for Talia al ghul arrow imageTalia al Ghul. I finally saw the Russian connection, it came full circle for me tonight.  Some of you may have understood it long before me, and I think we still have more to find out.  Something Anatoly said was to me revealing.  Oliver told him what Talia had trained  him to do and Oliver tells that this alter-ego would help control what is inside him. Anatoly replied, "What's inside you is inside you. This woman will destroy you."  Now, we see that is what Talia wants to do.  I like Anatoly.  This also goes back to what I posted on March 12th, that adversity reveals character. We are going to see Oliver's character truly revealed, and he will finally discover his legacy, that he is both Oliver Queen and the Green Arrow.  The Green Arrow is part of who he is. I wonder if the team will eventually call upon Nyssa?  Would Nyssa fight to defeat Talia?

Oliver and Susan.  How many cheered when Oliver said, "I should never have gotten involved with Susan."  I don't think he meant by that that he realizes he loves Felicity, but rather, here is another person I hurt.  If he hadn't gotten involved with her, she wouldn't have been hurt. Yet when Oliver rescues Susan, he basically unties her, tells her to go, because he has to get Chase.  Now compare that to Oliver rescuing Felicity for Dahrk, Oliver grabs Felicity and he doesn't want to let go.   
 
Image result for Oliver queen saving felicity smoak from darhk      Image result for Oliver queen saving felicity smoak from darhk   Susan still is around, but will she be a part of Oliver's life?  I don't think so.  What will she write about?  What did Chase tell her when he was torturing her?  Those are still unanswered questions for me, and think they are going to play out in the future.

Oliver and Felicity.  Oliver is worried about Felicity.  When Oliver said, "I'm worried"  She immediately assumes he's talking about Susan, but he says, "I'm worried about you."  She gave her little sigh and smile.  She's happy Oliver worries about her, for it shows he cares.  Then he tells her that he knows she's keeping something from her and says, "We both know keeping secrets doesn't end well."  He acknowledges that it was secrets and lack of trust cost both of them their relationship.

Earlier I wrote that trust has always been at the heart of their relationship.  Remember when Felicity asked if she could trust Oliver?  It was in season one.  He made light of it at first, and she at first seemed disappointed, but eventually he said yes.


   Now Felicity asks Oliver to trust her.  This is significant.  He yes okay with out hesitation.  He does trust her.  I think he knows that Felicity will tell him, when the time is right.  My concern is will it be too late.

I clearly think that Chase and maybe even Talia is using Felicity.  I don't think Helix is random from Chase or Talia.  They know how important the team and Felcity in particular are to him.  They will try and bring the whole team down.  You can see that with the way he treated Rene and Lance.

How long can Felicity continue to hack the federal government, without getting caught.  I think that is what is ahead of Felicity and how will that affect Oliver.  Will he get out before that happens?

Diggle.  Diggle's talk with Oliver was important.  Oliver isn't merely some superhuman superhero. He is human, and he needs relationships with people, because no man is an island.  Oliver tells Chase that is friends will find him, because his friends are his strength.  Oliver embarrasses his humanity, and this is another step in the story that leads to his legacy.

Final Thoughts.  When Chase tells Oliver, "I'm going to help you discover who you really are."  This foreshadows what is going to happen.  He will discover who he really is, but it won't be what Chase or Talia expects.

Olicity.  The writers gave us a sweet Olicity moment.  I believe the rebuild will be slow but very steady.  I am a Christian, and know that as gold is refined by fire, so also do trials refined us and make us stronger.  Both Oliver and Felicity are both tried right now.  Both are in the refining furnace and both will come out stronger.  They both will become stronger at people. They will accept their identities and both will know their legacies.

Comments

  1. This
    episode was fantastic, if not the best of this season
    ... if in the last episode I was angry with Oliver in this and the next
    I already feel the heart tight because he is stuck, but any way I also
    volunteer to help To throw water on him :).

    I
    think Josh is fantastic like Prometheus, and just like you, I think the
    mask has driven us away from him all this time but now he's on the
    right track, it was an incredible performance on his part and, in my
    opinion, he can do a lot Well being the best villain of Arrow, much better than Slade and this one was very good.
    The way Josh goes from a man controlled to a madman is incredibly
    marvelous ... and while I hated all the other villains, I already love
    him, if you'll understand me :)...I believe that the next episodes will be equally fantastic .

    It was great to see what we always said, Snoozan isn`t importance to either Oliver or anyone.
    Of course Snoozan isn`t that important to Oliver and Chase knows this very well, because what he really wants is to take that person who will destroy him completely, "the one loss away from being destroyed" and isn`t Snoozan. It seems to me that it was all
    orchestrated to lead Felicity to the point where he is and not to kidnap
    Oliveror Snoozan ... and the problem is that Oliver continues 10 steps behind and is not seeing this coming and that is the best part.

    Olicity moment,
    it was the best of the season, the tenderness which he spoke to
    her, the affection, love and concern he finally gave her was beautiful
    ... and Felicity was surprised but so happy with that little moment ...
    they are Finally walking toward each other.
    I think she wants to tell him but still does not feel prepared, just
    feels that's what she needs to do, especially now that he's gone.
    Only shit, Arrow is back on track and Oliver is back and that is wonderful :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you that Josh Segarra is perhaps one of the best villains that we have seen. He's so eerily cool about it. I also agree with you about Susan. The way you called her Snoozan made me laugh. I agree because did you catch the comment Chase made to Oliver at the beginning? I thought that was revealing, nut I forgot it until you brought this up. I still don't think we are done with Susan and I fear Felicity is on a collision course herself. I still think it us going to Oliver that helps her. It rather somehow they are going to save each other. What do you think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already read some theories that she's going to be arrested or at least will try to arrest her and so she'll end up on the island with Oliver ... I think that's really going to happen like when Ra`s put the cops behind Oliver And he had to stay hidden ... what do you think?

      Delete
    2. But i agree with you, Oliver will discover who he really is, but it won't be what Chase or Talia expects, and i also agree that they are going to save each other...maybe Felicity Maybe Felicity will find out where Oliver is trapped and they can free him, but that will get her stuck with Helix and then Oliver will have to save her ... don`t you think?

      Delete
  3. I do agree with you that they will save each other. I am thinking that some of this could continue into season 6, what do you think. Also, I read that the title of one if the last episodes will be Honor Thy Father. What do you think about that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it turns out to be true that they will both go to the island because of what Felicity has been doing, I believe so, will continue next season.
    Yes, it is the title of the episode 5x21, it was the MG that passed this information ... but I still do not know what to think ... but I think that Arrow finally got on the right track and it seems to me that we will have very good episodes until at end.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Arrow 5.17 Kapiushon: Breaking Point

Could Oliver Contemplate Retirement?

As Promised My Complaints with Arrow