Arrow Favorite, Katrina Law , in Training Day

Image result for image of Katrina Law as Rebecca Lee    Arrow is off this week, so I wanted to write about another show that I watch and have come to appreciate, Training Day.  Katrina Law, Nyssa in Arrow, starred with the late Bill Paxton, Justin Cornwell, and Drew Van Acker in a police show that was a spin-off from the movie, Training Day.

The reviews were not good, but since I never saw the movie Training Day, I had nothing to compare it too, and my husband, son, and I all enjoyed it.  It will air it's sixth episode tonight, and I recommend this show.  Yes, it is a little cliched with the Russian bad guys, good black guy, bad white guy, material, but Jerry Bruckheimer produces interesting shows, so I have stuck with it, and it has grown on me.

Image result for image bill paxton and katrina law    Paxton played Det. Frank Roarke heads LAPD's  SIS unit.  This unit is sent to get the worst of the worst, and Frank has no problem dealing with the gray area to fight the war on crime.

 Image result for image of Katrina Law as Rebecca Lee   Cornwell plays Officer Kyle Criag, a rookie cop who is posing as Roarke's new partner in order to keep an eye on him.  Craig does not want to play in the gray area.  He also discovered that Roarke new his now deceased father.  There is a mystery surrounding Craig's father and Roarke.

Law plays Det. Rebecca Lee, an Officer in the SIS unit, and very close to Frank Roarke.  Frank rescued her from human traffickers when she was seven  Frank is like a father to her, and she is protective of him.

  Image result for image of Katrina Law as Rebecca Lee   Van Acker plays Det. Tommy Campbell a fromer pro surfer and a member of SIS.  He is protective of both Lee and Roarke.

If you thought Katrina Law was a force to be reckoned with in Arrow as Nyssa, she wields even more force in Training Day.  You would certainly enjoy her in this show.  My husband gets a kick out of every time she brings some guy down.  That girl has some moves!

The mystery behind Frank and Kyle's father is compelling and the acting is great.  Paxton and Craig had a great rapport with each other.

 Image result for image bill paxton and katrina law   Bill Paxton finished filming all 13 episodes, and the show decided not to replace him, so this will end at the end of the 13 episode, but I am glad I watched it, and if you catch the show, I think you might be glad you saw it too.  My sympathy to Bill Paxton's family.  It was a sad loss for all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arrow 5.17 Kapiushon: Breaking Point

Could Oliver Contemplate Retirement?

As Promised My Complaints with Arrow