Arrow 507: Vigilante Review: Caution spoilers if you haven't seen the episode

I'm filled with many emotions on this episode. I went from frustrated to moved to surprised.  So, let's begin.  There's a Vigilante in town and Oliver and team have to decide what to do.  The Vigilante kills and Oliver and his team use the justice system.  Speaking of the justice system, what did you think of Adrian Chase.  Where you a little surprised at how he handled the interrogation?  He said that he's "been to hell and back."  I'm keeping my eye on him. Not sure were I land in my opinion of him.

     In the flashbacks, which I am still not a fan of, we find that Kovar's maid is Taiana's mother.  That surprised me. Also Bratva seems to be playing Oliver, but  I'm not sure of that either.

       I loved the scenes with Quintin and Thea.  They are bonding with each other, and each one needs the other.  Thea needs a father, and Quintin needs a daughter. I was glad that Quintin told Thea what happened and how he, Oliver, and Thea know that Prometheus is not Quintin Lance.  Oliver understand that because the evidence points to Quintin means that Prometheus knows who the Green Arrow is.   I wonder if Prometheus will continue to plant evidence on Quintin?  Will he use Billy?

 Image result for Rene aka wild dog    Rene, aka Wild Dog, and Diggle are developing a friendship, and that is fun to see. I loved how he brought John Jr. and Lyla back, although, I still miss baby Sara.   Rene has opened up himself to John,and I hope that trust is not broken.
 
Image result for susan williams and Oliver queen images      My least favorite part of the show was Susan Williams and Oliver.  Okay I see that Oliver needs to move on with his life, because Felicity appears to have moved on, so why wait.  I get that, but when Oliver talked to her about his effectiveness in his job, I yelled at the screen, "You should be telling this Felicity."  The writers are clearly going to have Susan and Oliver form a relationship.  We knew this was coming, and we can see Oliver is willing now to do this.  However, I haven't given up hope on Olicity.  More on that later.  Do you trust Susan?  I am not sure I do, but that could be because of my prejudice against the two of them.

Image result for Rene aka wild dog    Were you surprised to find Evelyn, Aka Artemis, to be the mole?  I was, and now I wonder how Billy Malone fits in?  Is he Prometheus,  or is he just simply a good guy cop?  I have questions now.  I had expected to one day see Malone with Prometheus, so I was clearly thrown by this.

 Image result for susan williams and Oliver queen images    Olicity Moments:  Some say there no Olicity moments in this episode, but I saw a couple.  First at the begining, Felicity can't bring herself to call Billy her boyfriend.  She says, "I have an inside man at the SCPD."  Everyone is telling her to just say boyfriend, but she can't.   The way Oliver looked at her reminded me of some of the looks he gave in season one.  Then at the end, when he goes on his date with Susan, he looks at Felicity, but wouldn't call it a date.  I wanted the camera to shift to Felicity so I could see her reaction, and bummer, they didn't give us that.  But those moments are telling.  Am I discouraged?  Yes, because I didn't want to wait the whole season for them to get together.  Do I think they will get together this season?  I'm not sure they will.  Am I hopeful they eventually  will?  Yes, for two reasons.  First, the writers have sent four seasons leading to the two of them getting together as a couple.  A married team fighting couple can work, Castle showed us this.  I'm not worried about the Moonlighting effect.  They have worked to long to build them up as a couple to have them crash land as it now appears.  Don't be fooled, they will bring them together.  Second, Marc Guggenheim has said they will be together.  I trust him.  So don't give up.  They way these two can't even say they are in a relationship means they have feelings for each other.  Oliver still has things to discover about himself, and I think Felicity still has to handle her own fears before they can come together.  Don't jump ship, my friends.  Busy day ahead, so I couldn't get into a lot of detail. More will come.

Comments

  1. I think Adrian Chase might be the Vigilante ... what do you think of that?
    I like to see the relationship between Quintin and Thea but I miss seeing Thea in action ... it seems like her character is a waste of time.
    Rene and Diggle have a pretty relationship, but I'd like to see their talk with Felicity and Oliver about their relationship because we've never seen any kind of reaction about their separation, they never talked about it. They took so long to build their relationship, and they finished it in an instant without even seeing any kind of conversation about it.
    I hated to see the moment Susan Oliver and how he said what he said, caused me the same disgust that caused me last week the revelation of Felicity before Billy.
    Evelyn was a shock but the truth is that she still does not stop thinking that at least Billy is helping Prometheus, because as far as I know she did not know anything about Oliver being the arrow for a few years and had not How to have given him the arrows he used over time for Prometheus himself to make those stars, do not you think ??
    I have to confess that at this moment I could`t see Olicity moments, I just saw that, for now, neither can assume that they followed their lives separately ...
    Conclusion, I really think i don`t liked this episode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because the other comment is bad written:

    I think Adrian Chase might be the Vigilante ... what do you think of that?
    I like to see the relationship between Quintin and Thea but I miss seeing Thea in action ... it seems like her character is a waste of time.
    Rene and Diggle have a pretty relationship, but I'd like to see Diggle talk with Felicity and Oliver about their relationship because we've never seen any kind of reaction about their separation, they never talked about it. They took so long to build their relationship, and they finished it in an instant without even seeing any kind of conversation about it.
    I hated to see the moment Susan Oliver and how he said what he said, caused me the same disgust that caused me last week the revelation of Felicity before Billy.
    Evelyn was a shock but the truth is i can`t stop thinking that at least Billy is helping Prometheus, because as far as I know she did not know anything about Oliver being the arrow for a few years and had not How to have given him the arrows he used over time for Prometheus himself to make those stars, don`t you think ??
    I have to confess that at this moment I could`t see Olicity moments, I just saw that, for now, neither can assume that they followed their lives separately ...
    Conclusion, I really think i don`t liked this episode.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I do think Adrian Chase is the Vigilante, and will write about that tomorrow. I think you are correct there. I miss seeing Thea in action, but I think this thing with Quintin is a way to get her back as Speedy. There has been no real talk with Diggle and Felicity, and that troubles me too, but again, I think that will come. I wasn't fond of this episode either. I think this episode was just laying the ground work for what is to come. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Arrow 5.17 Kapiushon: Breaking Point

As Promised My Complaints with Arrow

Could Oliver Contemplate Retirement?