Arrow 506 Review

Wow!  What an amazing episode.  Fast action in the beginning, with the title emblazoned on the floor, some humor with Oliver and Felicity, and wild twist at the end.  Let's begin.

Image result for prometheus arrow

Oliver: Oliver flirting with Susan Williams even surprised Thea.  Notice that he said, "I haven't done anything yet. "  I didn't necessarily like the yet remark.I'm not sure what to make of it.  I think he wants to flirt, but I also think something is holding him back.  Perhaps I just hope something is holding him back.  Why didn't Oliver want to share with the team what's going on. He just keeps it between himself and Diggle in the beginning.  Again, I think it goes back to the trust issue. Oliver has always had a difficult time trusting.  This has always been his struggle.  Diggle seems to understand Oliver this time.   The Team or the Kids, as I will call them, find out about Oliver's book from season one.  Everything seems to be pointing back to season one, that by the end of season 5 Oliver will be able to truly find himself, his true identity as both Arrow and Oliver Queen, and have his family.  The kids don't react well to the news, and view Oliver as a serial killer just like Prometheus. The people killed go back to the list and first people that Oliver killed, Adam Hunt and Gaynor were on the list.  Now the kids don't trust Oliver at first.  The one who struggles the most is Evelyn.  Oliver feels guilt.

  Image result for oliver shooting tennis balls with arrows      Oliver and Diggle:  Oliver returns to shooting Arrows at tennis balls, again like season one..  Oliver struggle with himself and questions if what he did with Damion Darhk and Church's men was right.  I liked the moment with Diggle.  Diggle understand Oliver now better than he did at any other time, because he understands. I loved how Diggle reassured Oliver by telling him that the old Oliver wouldn't have questioned himself as Oliver is now.  They are brothers.

The Team forgives except for Evelyn until Oliver helps her out then apologizes for his mistakes.  It was a tender moment when Oiver told her, "I'm trying to be the man you thought I was."  Although I think Evelyn might have a bit of a crush on Oliver.  Am I the only one that noticed that?

The Olicity moments were sweet. Again, they remind me of season one.  Oliver walks in and what is the first thing Felicity says, "How did go with your girlfriend?" Then Oliver comes with a come back about the boyfriend.  They wouldn't have done that if they each weren't a little jealous.  This folks is cause for hope.

Felicity:  What did you think when Felicity steals evidence?  Also, Malone is quite a character.  Felicity tells him the truth, and to me, he overreacts.  This man knows that she works for the Green Arrow, don't you think?  When he finds out she took the evidence, he tells her, "You are a criminal," and then he wants to know everything about the Green Arrow?  Really?  That just wasn't believable to me.  Either he wants to be a part of the team or he's up to no good.  If he is cop who cares would he go from telling Felicity she's a criminal to be giddy over Felicity working for the Green Arrow, like some little boy.  Nope. I'm not buying anything he wants to sell.

Thea protecting Lance is so sweet, but sad when she disovers Lance has never stopped drinking. He lied to her.  But she wants to take him to an AA meeting.  She truly cares for him.

         Shocker:  Lance as Prometheus!  Maybe, but I don't think so.  I think that's what they want us to believe, but I don't think so.  Does anyone really think Lance can do the leaps Prometheus does?  Can he wield arrows and throw those stars with deadly aim?  I know alcohol can make a person do crazy things, but could it make him into such a person?  Yes, he has a cut on the arm just where Evelyn did it, but couldn't someone else have come in and done that while Lance was drunk?  The wound would almost rule out  Malone, wouldn't it?  Did he have on long sleeves when he talked to Felicity?  I don't remember.  It is someone in the STPD, but I don't buy that it is Lance. I sure hope not.  Will Oliver, Felicity, Diggle, and Thea think it's Lance?  Will the kids?

Great episode.

Comments

  1. I have not yet seen the last episode, I will only be able to see it tomorrow or at the weekend. But I hated to know that Felicity told Malone about her work :(
    And yes, I also think the new elements of the team are kids who add nothing to the series, I think they were even unnecessary. Arrow has always been excellent with OTA and we need to see Felicity leave behind the computer as she did before.
    Oliver and Diggle are wonderful, brothers in arms and heart, I really like their relationship.
    How does Felicity know that Oliver already have a girlfriend? Did she see them or did he tell her?
    Malone is not the a saint, it can not be because he is annoying and false. And in no way do I believe Lance is Prometheus, it sure is a fake clue, but I'm anxious to see the episode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry that I spoiled it for you. I will write Spoilers at the top of my next review. After you watch, share what you thought about the episode.

    ReplyDelete

  3. You do not have to apologize, I read it because I really wanted, because I was curious.
    I begin by saying that so far this episode was my favorite, after feeling sad in the other, this was very good.
    No doubt they love each other and will continue to love, even if they are in other relationships. It was an episode that had beautiful and funny Olicity moments.
    I felt sad that Felicity had told the truth, as Oliver says, to the man she dated, but I think she said because she still angry with Oliver and the lie about his son. She moved on, or She claims but can not forget and I think she only told Malone because she does not want to do what she condemned at Oliver and not because she is in love with Malone because it is more than obvious that she is not.
    The way Malone reacted to what Felicity told him, was very strange, he's too perfect to be true, although he annoys me a lot, he his so boring... not to mention that between him and Felicity There is no chemistry, nothing, zero.
    Loved seeing the OTA, it's always so good. The kids are the part I least enjoy in the series, I think I still like them less than Malone.
    As for Lance, this is just a diversion, of course he's not the villain. As for Malone, he had his arm covered by the clothes but the truth is that he did not look hurt but I think he is so faked that he may well be hurt and we can not even see.


    I hope you feel better today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, and i think Malone is using Felicity to get to Oliver, being Prometheus or just someone who helps him ... I think it will be good if this turns out to be and I would love it that after we know he is a bad guy, Character to be transformed and show what does not show now, attitude instead of that annoying face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think there was a purpose in Felicity telling Malone. I think she learned from his reaction (even if it was fake) that not all people are unforgiving of a lie. I think this may help in her looking at Oliver in a different way. I like the Kids. I think they give the show something extra, a sort of growth. Nothing will ever replace OTA, the A team, but the B team has something to offer too. Good to know about Malone's arm. Thank you, I am better today.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Arrow 5.17 Kapiushon: Breaking Point

As Promised My Complaints with Arrow

Could Oliver Contemplate Retirement?