Mortal Lock and other Thoughts

Image result for Images Oliver and Felicity    This end of season 2 Olicity image parallels this season's Olicity.  They both cared deeply for one another, but each one fearing to say  anything.  This season goes back to the first two seasons and I think one reason for that is so we can clearly see Oliver's growth.  He is not the same person. He learns to be Oliver Queen and the Green Arrow.  They meld into one person.

Oliver said to Felicity, "I'll always care about you;  it's a mortal lock."  Some were upset that he said that, but I am not. Oliver learned to fight. He learned to wrestle, and that is a wrestling term that has come to mean a certainty; a cinch; a sure thing.  He wants to be so much more, but Felicity has a lot of baggage, and she's comparing Oliver to her father. Her father never told the truth, and I am wondering that she hasn't heard from her mother, that Lance lied to Donna about his drinking.  It was the lie more than the drinking that drove Donna from Lance?  Just a thought, but Felicity wants to trust Oliver, and I think in time she will. Remember they were apart until the end of season 3.  I do hope that when they bring them together, they keep them together.  Just my thoughts on this Saturday afternoon.
Image result for olicity imagesT

Comments

  1. It's true, they're back in the game I will not admit that I still love him / love her but the truth is that I'm jealous of her / him :).

    Have you read the blog something to live for, the post about the injury in Malone's arm? I liked the theory, I started to fall in love with season 5 :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I read Something to Live For. That's one reason I hesitated to make this blog. Haha. I think that theory about the arm might be correct. I had thought it might be Malcolm and that Malone was working for him.

      It could be the Human Target. He may be a good guy in the comics but if they don't follow comic book canon then he could be Prometheus. I see two certainties: Billy Malone is not someone Felicity can trust, and Oliver will be the one to help her.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Arrow 5.17 Kapiushon: Breaking Point

As Promised My Complaints with Arrow

Could Oliver Contemplate Retirement?